OUR vision is simple .........
An animal sanctuary in Miami County, a place supported by community volunteers and donations to provide long term quality care, exercise, socialization, training (rehabilitation and rehoming) for RESCUED PETS and better opportunities to find the right companionship with a forever family. This would include a pet related resource center for the community.
- We are an ALL VOLUNTEER network with efforts focused on Rescue, Rehabilitation, and REhoming canines living in county shelters deemed "urgent".
- We have NO facility; FOSTERS are always needed.
- Our RESCUE EFFORTS include fostering, transporting, training, sponsoring, volunteering, fundraising, Facebook posts & sharing, Meet/Greets, Courtesy postings, and many other activities to help furry companions - primarily canines find new homes.
We also "partner" with other pet related resources and rescue groups to help place and rehome RESCUED PETS.
- Assistance to REDUCE the OVERPOPULATION of cats and dogs - thus reducing euthanizing.
- PROVIDE resources to EDUCATE the community about "responsible pet ownership" and rescue opportunities.
- RAISE FUNDS to help with necessary vetting for the pets we rescue, rehabilitate and rehome.
- Open a FACILITY to increase the number of LIVES SAVED for canines deemed "urgent" in OHIO county shelters and beyond if / when necessary. Felines are currently being rescued through the Miami County Humane Society.
Dedicated Rescue Efforts for Animals in Many counties
Suggestions & Opportunities
- Visit the REHOMING page of our website for suggestions and help with Re-homing a pet
- Visit the EVENT page to learn more about our Meet & Greet dates, fundraising and ...
Can't volunteer, but still WANT TO HELP, visit our HOW2HELP page
We are an approved 501c3 organization
ROLE MODEL organizations currently exist in our neighboring county and nationwide
- SICSA (Society for the Improvement & Condition of Stray Animals)
Did you know ? Most OHIO county shelters are frequently over capacity;
numerous puppy mills and back yard breeders in OHIO are contributing factors
to the overpopulation. Over crowded shelters and few adoptions cause a pet's stay
to be short lived; county shelters were established for a short-term housing of pets.......
never long term housing or caretaking.
It takes a community to FIX the problem of overpopulation;
SPAYing and NEUTERing will REDUCE and STOP over-population and keeps pets healthy !
Visit the Resource page for Low Cost spay/neuter options !